Monday, November 8, 2010

A Frugal Quilt


Do you know what I mean when I say, "Being frugal gives me personal satisfaction." It makes me giddy and all smilely. :) Here is my frugality coming through in quilting. I must admit though there is much in my quilting that is not frugal. Name brand quilt fabric lines tend to run around $9 to 10 a yard now days. The story of this quilt begins at Goodwill. I found the pieced top in the linen section for $1.99. Someone must have given up on quilting and it never got finished. I bought it and brought it home to finish. The backing is a garage sale find. It is a repurposed fannel bedsheet. It had never been used; tags were still attached. For $2 I thought it would work nice for a backing. The binding was leftover from another quilting project so I used that from my stash. I quilted it myself on a Gammill Long Arm that I have at my house. Generally the expense of making a quilt runs into $$$, but this particularly quilt throw cost me less than $10. Now that is frugality at its best.

No comments: