Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Felted Clogs

Oh the warmth of wool! Felted/fulled wool!
I recently got a pair of these wonderful Felted Clogs knit up and felted/fulled and ready for our Wisconsin winter. The wind is just a howling outside today! My feet always tend to be cold. And when my feet are cold my whole being feels cold, I just want to go cuddle up under the blankets to get warm. With these Felted Clogs though my feet stay oh so toasty warm!

This particular pattern is from Fiber Trends called Felt Clogs. I used Nature Spun 100% wool yarn by Brown Sheep Company that I purchased from Sue Vergin's Yarn Shop at Brush with Wildlife near Ridgeland, WI.

All ready for wear!

The above picture shows the clogs before felting in a top load washing machine using hot water. See how big they are in comparison to my foot. The blue and pink yarn is held together double when knitting the upper part of the clog. The green is held double also for the soles.

Now here they are all felted. Notice now they are the size of my foot. Oh the magic of what hot water and agitation in the top loading washing machine will do. I like how the felting makes the blue and pink a more muted mix of color.

2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

wow, that is so cool!!
you are a talented lady! :)

Texan said...

Those are so nice! I loved seeing the before and after washing photos! I tootled over here from cowgirlquilters blog