Thursday, October 28, 2010

Marchin' of the Quilting Pins




Here is a quilting project that I quilted on my treadle Singer 31-15. The middle picture shows a glimpse of the machine. This project is unique in that I quilted it from the back by following the preprinted quliting design. You can see the light blue quilting pattern that I followed with a sage green thread. After I finished quilting and binding the quilt, I then washed it, and the light blue quilting pattern disappeared. I cannot seem to find this 108 " temporarily marked muslin backing anywhere now. I bought this piece from an internet quilting site. I'd really like to get some more but have yet to find it again. At the moment I don't have a picture of the front of the quilt. I'll get one soon to share.


2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

uhm, WOW, this is amazing Darla! Beautiful!!

Can't wait to see the front!! :)

Texan said...

I have never seen preprinted quilt backing. That would be really nice to work on I think. I will have to look for that as well!