Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bronson with his cake and quilt

I didn't notice until after I uploaded this image that Bronson had his eyes closed. Oh well. Here he is standing in front of the quilt I made him with his graduation cake. Graduation was back in May. I am just getting around to adding some pictures to my blog. Each strip of the quilt has his class picture from K through 12. The pictures were scanned and then printed on fabric especially made to print on using an ink jet style printer. I was happy with the way they turned out. I think he was happy with his graduation quilt also. The backing is fannel. The front is various quilt fabrics that I had in my stash. Maroon and Gold are the school colors. The quilting is a basic meander through the quilt while avoiding going over any of the pictures.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

Such a handsome young man! I do love that quilt! Andrew will graduate this May, that would be a perfect gift to be made for him. I've never worked with photos on fabric but there is always a first. Thanks for the idea.
Kristie