Monday, December 28, 2009

Pillowcase Galore

In the past several years I have managed to collect up some pretty neat pillowcase fabrics, but it wasn't until recently that I realized just how much I had. Some are flannel and some are not. Anyway I pulled all the fabric together and made a batch of 40 pillowcases! - How 'bout that! They make such nice gifts. I have even used them as the "wrapping paper." Pillowcase are fun to make for those in your life with specific interests/hobbies such as trains, cows, horses, boats, sewing machines, camping, etc. The list is endless really. I use 3/4 yard of the main pillowcase fabric (cow fabric in picture), 1/3 yard of pillowcase cuff fabric (black fabric in picture), and 1/4 yard of accent fabric (hot pink in the picture). I used enclosed or french seams so no raw edges are seen on the inside of the pillowcase. I used my Singer 115 treadle to sew these pillowcases. The Singer 115 was badged in 1917.

No comments: