Sunday, October 4, 2009

Treadling along...

Happy Fall Y'all!

Fall is upon us in Wisconsin. The leaves are really changing, the temperatures are in the freezing range over night, and the frost is on the pumpkins.

I recently attended the River Rat TOGA (Treadle On Gathering and Academy) in mid September. I demostrated free motion quilting using the treadle sewing machine. I treadle quilted a quilt for one of the Treadle On members who made his first quilt ever. Jim pieced it using an antique handcrank.
Below is a picture of the finished quilt. We've got the binding sewn on but not turned and hand stitched to the back. We ran out of time that weekend.
Below is detail of the free motion quilting. In the blocks, I did the basic meandering, and the sashing was an overall leaf meandering.

Well, there you have it. Leave me some comments. :) I like you know you are out there. :)






























x









2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

beautiful Darla! Love the meandering! :)

ShareandRemember said...

Hi Darla! I have no idea how you'd do something like this! I'm impressed! Hope all is well there.
Our blog address has changed: http://dsbransomnotes.blogspot.com/