Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Finished the Quilt!

Here is the back of the quilt. It is a buttery yellow toile. It's just gorgeous. I really shows the detail of the quilting too. I love to look at the back of a quilt just as much as the front. :)
Now a picture of the finished quilt. It measures 91 x 105 inches. A group of us who call ourselves the MNWISMJUNKIES (Minnesota Wisconsin Sewing Machine Junkies) got together in March and pieced the top together. Our group enjoys the older sewing machines including treadles and handcranks. Then I took the quilt home and quilted it using my industrial treadle sewing machine. It has a deeper harp/throat and a nice bit area to quilt - that's what makes this machine so appealing to me. We "loosely" followed the pattern in the archives section of www.northcott.com if you are interested in making one for yourself. It is a free .pdf download.

No comments: